I may be the biggest slacker mom on the block these days but I still managed to find a Valentine to craft up on good old Pinterest.
I like to think I'm crafty. Not in a professional DIYer sort of way. More like a I was a first grade teacher for 10 years sort of way. So yeah, I'm basically a craft ninja when it comes to Elmer's and construction paper.
Elena's little play group meets tomorrow and we're having a Valentine's Day party for the kiddos. I knew that I wanted to do something that wasn't candy/food related since some of the little ones in our group have food allergies. And really? What almost 2 year old needs candy? It's just more shit for us moms to eat. At least this mom, anyway.
So, I went with the quick and easy route. And relatively cheap, considering I only needed to whip up 6 Valentines.
I bought 6 boxes of crayons, printed up some labels, slapped them on the box, tied a piece of bakery twine {is that even what it's called?} around the box, and added a little cut-out heart embellishment with each kids' name on it. Done and done in less than half an hour. And I think they are cute and practical. Boom.
And if you don't already follow me on Instagram {kcamp07}, here's a pic of the text exchange between Paul and I after I sent him a pic of Elena's first Valentine's. She's a Daddy's girl, for sure.


I LOVE this!!!
ReplyDeleteVery cute idea! A fresh box of crayons would make anyone smile :)
ReplyDeleteYour husband's comment is too cute hahah
What a great idea! Love it! If there weren't 15 kids in Cooper's class I might copy it, ha! Love the hubby's reaction too! :)
ReplyDeleteVery cute Valentine. And I saw that photo on IG earlier and totally cracked up!! what a good daddy ;)
ReplyDeleteThis is such a cute idea! I love the text. Boomer received a felt rose with Hershey's kisses inside last year and her Dad about lost it.
ReplyDeleteWho the fuck is Charlie - AWESOME. That will be Tyler too :)
ReplyDeleteI don't know what I love more....the cuuuute valentine itself or the text message from daddy. Every little girl needs a daddy like that! :)
ReplyDeleteJust found your blog and so far, I am in love - in a non creepy way of course! :)
new follower of your blog and the text from your husband is too funny! My husband would have said the exact same thing!
ReplyDeletehttp://nicolempetersen.blogspot.com
the crayons are a super cute idea for valentine gifts by the way! (I just might have to steal this idea next year!)
ReplyDeleteThis story still cracks me up Katie :)
ReplyDelete