Friday in Photos

Paul got home from Chicago last night which meant he was able to be home today. Which also meant I could brush my teeth and change out of my pjs before it was time to put on new pjs and brush my teeth for bed. Glorious!

Paul started the day by getting his concealed carry license.  My man can now pack some heat. You take that however you want.  wink. wink.  No, my man is not a gangster,  just an average American who loves his rights.  He left us girls home to have breakfast.


Is there anything on my face?




After cleaning up breakfast I tried relentlessly to get Elena down for her morning nap.  She ALWAYS goes down without a fight around 9/9:30.  Pssht.  Girlfriend was having no part of it.  Clearly she had her own agenda and napping was not involved.  When Paul got home we decided we'd all head out together to run some errands. 


Yeah, that's right.  My man packs heat and gets groomed.  Meow.







Paul is totally not the metrosexual type.  No manis for this former Marine, however, he does partake in some hair pluckage in the eyebrow region.  That only took me about a decade of convincing.

 By the time we got downtown, Elena was conked out.


Chillin' out, Maxin', Relaxin'.  She's loving her new big girl car seat. 






















 While Paul was being groomed and Elena snoozed I decided to get gas. And yes, I'm gonna post a picture of that because it is a big deal.  People in NJ do not pump their own gas.   So the fact that I am now among the ranks of self service gas pumpers, I shall be an attention whore. We won't talk about the first time I pumped my own gas and continued pressing the nozzle thingy while removing it from the car.  Yeah.  Gas pretty much all over. 



By the time I got back to the salon, groomer pick up Paul, I was ready for a bevvie.  All that gas pumping plum tuckered me out.  Luckily Sbux was right across the street so I ran over for a cold one.  Sidebar- No matter how often I order my drink, whatever it is...simple or complex...I always get a little nervous when I'm giving my request to the barista.  I have no idea why.


My guilty pleasure.  Moreso on the wallet than in calories.  I could seriously mainline this ish.

We went home to feed Elena and pick up Paul's car so that we could take it to get serviced.  While Paul was inside I noticed an umbrella of sorts in the middle of the parking lot that caught my eye.  I was pretty certain it was a hot dog cart of sorts.  Could it be? Dirty water dogs? Yes, please! Another travesty of the Buckeye state....no weiner stands.  I know, I know, it's almost too much to take.  In Jersey, you can find a food truck selling dogs every few blocks.  Definitely something Paul loves and misses.  

2 sausage and peppers for Paul, one marinated chicken, cheese, onion and peppers for me.
It tasted like home.  And it was heavenly.  We ran a few more errands that went pictureless because I was in a food coma.  We hit up Toys R Us to get some toys for Elena with some of her birthday gift cards. We decided on a  three-in-one trike and a water table.  Can't wait to see how she likes them. 

Paul also got all productive on my tired ass, which happens often, and decided he wanted to hang Elena's newborn pics in the nursery.  Which reminds me, I have to order her 1 year prints. 

Uh huh.  A groomed, heat packing, honey-do-list-completer. Score! 







We rounded out the night with some dinner, a very messy baby, who had a tubby and was a sleeping baby by 7:00.  Just in time to for us to watch the Yankees whip some Mets ass, although at the time of this post, we're down by 5.  No bueno.  May try to talk Paul into watching Wanderlust.  Hope you all have a great weekend!  Cheers!
               
Gotta love Lola trotting in the background.
                                 

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I saw your reply to From Mrs to Mama that you were from Ohio. When I went to follow your blog I saw that you had just moved to Columbus. I also live in Columbus (born and raised) and would be happy to show you around, meet up sometime, or introduce you to other mama bloggers. I'm not a crazy stalker (promise-check out my blog), just a teacher finding things to do in the summer! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS