Big things have been going on.
Considering I haven't blogged in exactly 4 months, there really is just too much to cover. I can be long winded as it is, so if you're even reading this {since I never sent out the mass "follow-me-on-bloglovin'" post} consider yourself lucky. You get the abridged version. You're welcome.
Despite the relevancy and importance of big and little things that have happened since March, I just haven't had it in me to come here. To write. It wasn't that I didn't want to share, just that once the days of not blogging lapsed into weeks, and eventually months of not blogging, it just became commonplace to let it go. Am I a little disappointed? Sure. Losing sleep over it? No. But then again, I don't sleep much these days anyway.
And then something--not quite sure what--urged me to log into this space tonight to find my last entry was March 14th. Exactly 4 months ago. The irony of that, coupled with the fondness I have for even numbers, well, it was just what I needed to lure me back in.
So back to big things. Let's start with the obvious...
That big thing right there would be my 32 week bump taken while we were back home visiting in NJ for Independence Day.
That big thing, also known as Julia Claire.
She has a name.
It is indeed official. Just as Elena was named, after my mother, and her middle name, Josephine-after Paul's grandmother, Julia is named after Paul's mother (who goes by Julie), with the middle name Claire, after my maternal grandmother. I love me a good family name and am so blessed to love both of my girls' names so much. My girls. Elena and Julia. Lainey and Jules. My Lainey Bug and JuJu Bee.
For the record though, baby sister has affectionately been dubbed "Goobie" or "Goobia," which is how Elena pronounces it. And it's sticking. #awesome #notreally
Big thing number 2?
That would be the girl right there in the picture below. My 2 year old. TWO. Which means she's even more sassy and spirited then she was when I last checked in here. Talking and wondering about everything around her. I truly love this age. Power struggles, hunger strikes, and all.
She's sleeping like a teenager still- 12/13 hour nights + 2-3 hour nap, eating like a bird most days {but will never turn down fruit, frozen peas, smoothies, or Pirate's Booty}, has somehow discovered Barney {damn you Netflix!}, and is obsessed with baths, showers, and the pool. She is the coolest.
To round out the big things going on around here...we are building a house. In Ohio. Craziness. So excited and nervous. And ready. We finally just got our dig date. July 22nd. Stay tuned for documentation of the process.
Gonna really try to keep up with this space here. I'm pretty sure that if I don't, getting back to it after Julia arrives would be slim. I've loved the purpose this blog has served for me thus far. I love looking back and re-reading entries. And I love the connections I've made with other bloggers. It feels good to be back.




So much to look forward to mama!!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you updated- I was wondering how things were going for you!
ReplyDelete