Things that get me through a Thursday


I woke up to a text from Paul yesterday am.  Simple.  3 words.  See you tomorrow (which would now be today).  Halle-freaking-lujah. 
Being without my husband for 4 nights sucks balls.  There just is no polite way to say it.  So that little text? Totally got me through the day.

I've been in a funk of sorts the past 4 days.  You know how it is; the let down after being around the people you love and that love you back.  You're all high and giddy and then the reality that you live 500+ miles from anyone who gives 2 shits comes and bitch slaps you across the face.  That, coupled with my struggle to establish a daily routine (which I need), tends to land me at the corner of Doesn't Wanna Leave the House and Eats too Much.  I've dealt with depression and anxiety before and, though I'm no where near under water, I'm definitely ankle deep in the shallow end.  

So I'd like to give a shout out to the big man upstairs for this little lady.  She makes it pretty much all better.  How could she not?  I mean, look at her. 



She is my sunshine.  She keeps me afloat.  I feel guilty even suggesting I'm depressed.  How could I be? I have so many blessings.  So much to be grateful for.  I thank God.  Every. Single. Day.  And I'm happy.  Truly. I love being a mother.  It isn't that.  It's the isolation.  Plain and simple.  I know that eventually I will love it here.  It has promise and I am starting to feel comfortble.  It just takes time.  I get that.  A lesson in patience. 

Being in a funk is also a good excuse to shop.  Because shopping, like Elena, has healing powers.  I subscribe to retail therapy.  It works for me.  Though I can't say it's always cheaper than a therapist.  


I hit up Home Goods/TJ Maxx and am so excited about my purchases.  Depression, who?
First of all, let me clarify that I never shop at TJ Maxx.  It just overwhelms me.  But I'm practing patience, so I figured, what the hell?  Holy shit balls!  I had NO idea what I was missing...consider me a freakin Maxinista, my friends.  Who knew they carried such swoon-worthy designers?! I'm talking Nanette Lepore, Tory Burch, Cynthia Rowley, Vince Camuto, Joes, Bailey 44.  And on.  And on.

I give you Exhibits A & B:

Patterson J. Kinkaide top.  Perfect mix of flirty, fun, and casual all in one.  Love the contrast of the heather gray back.

These bad boys deserve a post all their own.  Paige Denim are my favorite brand of jeans.  They are the best fit and are so comfy.  These white denim capris were only $60!

I also scored two pieces for the casa, as well.  I picked up a pretty light blue bowl for the dining table for a five spot and an awesome ceramic jar to stash my K cups in for only twelve bucks.

I am obsessed with teal and yellow together....those are some new place mats I picked up last week at my home away from home.  Target, of course.


"Take me home....I'm the perfect hideout for your K cups," said the pretty ceramic canister. 



A simple text + lovins from my girl + retail therapy = not so bad a Thursday after all.   And obvi, Big Brother Premier!  Boom!

1 comment:

  1. 1. yay for paul coming back soon! 2. lalalove that pic of elena 3. our tjmaxx blows, i want to go shopping with you!!!

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS