Santa Baby...Then and Now



We did a lot of prep for this, ya know.  Pointing out every Santa we saw to familiarize her with this fat jolly bearded  stranger.   Santa "drive bys" at every single mall we've visited since the North Pole invaded for the season.  I even bought her a life size (toddler life size, anyway) Santa balloon from the grocery store, hoping they'd be fast friends.  

Much different than my approach last year.  You know,  for first year Santa pictures. 

Last year was a breeze.  We tortured her by changing her in the middle of the mall because I didn't want her dress to wrinkle in the car seat (puhleeeaze...first time mom shit right there).  She hardly complained.  We waited on line for an hour.  She was a peach.  We plopped our roly-poly on Santa's lap and it was like love at first sight---full out tugging on his beard and all smiles for the camera.  

And this year, well...

She was all "Hiii Santa" with her cute open/close wave when we were next in line.  Clearly my month of planning was successful.  For a fleeting moment I thought we had a chance.  But really? Deep down in my mama gut?  I knew without a shadow of a doubt that she would have no part in sitting on his lap willingly, let alone with a smile. 

And really? 

I was secretly hoping for the token get-me-the-hell-off-this-fluffball's lap picture.  And I got it.  Complete with screamfest 2012 and a clear shot of back molars for the win.  #success


Merry Christmas!




2 comments:

  1. Nominated you for a Liebster award! Check it out! http://behindbutterflyeyes.blogspot.com/2012/12/liebster-award.html

    xo Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. I love the picture!
    New follower :)

    kianabates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS